TYECE is a USAID PEPFAR sub grantee from 2007 to 2010. Funding for this project ends September 2010. TYECE has implemented HIV/AID AB and Other prevention, care and support for OVC and caregivers and palliative care for PLWHA for over 3 years. Teens and youth is currently receiving funding from European cooperative for rural Development(EUCORD) in partnership with Widows empowerment Organization (WEWE) funded by USAID Washington, the project is geared towards improving the wellbeing of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) as well as reduce the impact of HIV/AIDS on affected Women and Households. The project is currently alleviating the sufferings and plight of 1053 Orphans and vulnerable Children as well as their caregivers.
Some TYECE Projects
Teens and Youth Educational and Capacity Enhancement (TYECE) has embarked on several projects since its inception.
Project such as:
-Abstinence and Be Faithful (AB), Condom messaging, Peer Education Sessions,
- Food Supplement for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC)
- HIV & AIDS Sensitization in Churches
- Life Skill Training on Soap Making
- Nutrition Training for Care givers
- Provision of School buildings, seats, desks, libraries, teaching aids, etc.
- Provision of birth certificate
- Provision of scholastic materials such as school uniforms, books, bags, sandals, fees, etc.
-Income generating Activities, (alternative means of livelihood as the case may be).
Programmes / Thematic Areas
- Education <Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), Basic Care and Support (BCS), Abstinence and Be Faithful (AB) and Other Preventions (OP)>.
- Health (Sexual Reproductive Health) to People Living With HIV/AIDS (PLWHA).
- Empowerment to caregivers, widows and single mothers.
- Protection to Female Sex Workers (FSW), Out of School Youths (OSYs), Para-military.
- Governance (Social Mobilisation) to Restive Youths.
- AIDS Impact Mitigation (AIM): USAID sponsored through WINROCK International.
- Children of Hope Project – USAID sponsored through European Corporative for Rural Development (EUCORD).
- Social Mobilisation – EU- MPPQ
- Wiping Away Tears – Unique Kingdom Women Fellowship International.